In OrchidE 2022.1.7.0, the inventory folders group_vars and host_vars are now also recognized if they are located in the IntelliJ project root folder. A configuration in the Ansible Folder Mapping settings is not necessary for this.
Note: If the folders are located in an inventory folder within the project, the inventory folder must still be added in the settings.
The next version of the IntelliJ platform 2023.3 (currently in the EAP program) comes with a new threading model (parallel processing of IDE functions) and further performance optimization checks for IDE and plugin developers.
This can lead to “informative error message” in the IDE which are displayed once per IDE start. Apart from the display of the error message these error messages have no functional limitation to the consequence.
(Apart from the distraction of the error message, of course.)
The error messages/stacktraces always start with one of these lines:
java.lang.Throwable: Slow operations are prohibited on EDT. See SlowOperations.assertSlowOperationsAreAllowed javadoc, or
java.lang.Throwable: Non-cancelable slow operations are prohibited inside read action. See SlowOperations.assertNonCancelableSlowOperationsAreAllowed javadoc.
Please send a copy of the error to if such an error occurs. This helps us to adapt OrchidE to the next IntelliJ version.
- Change: Performance improvement for the Ansible Project View.
- Bugfix: Error when opening *.j2 files while opening a project (cannot distinguish StubFileElementTypes. This might worsen the performance…).
- Bugfix: Error in some cases when completing code with the ‘vars’ keyword (NullPointerException in OrchideReferenceProviderDefaultVariable).
- Bugfix: Error when opening a project when restoring the workspace (NullPointerException in OrchideReferenceProviderDefaultVariable).
- Bugfix: Roles are not recognised if a role consists only of a tasks file and the file extension yml is used.