OrchidE 2022.1.0.0 comes with code assistant for Ansible group and host variables in inventories.
- Code completion of variables based on the argument-spec definition and the defaults file in roles.
- Optionally, the description is additionally inserted above the variable (code completion with Enter key).
- Navigation to the declaration of variables in the argument-spec file
- Quick documentation of the description and meta attributes of a variable (based on argument spec)
- Type check of variable values based on the definition in the argument-spec file
- OrchidE own annotation for improved user experience
(with Role annotation only the matching suggestions are displayed)
(a role annotation must be present for navigation to work)
OrchidE supports the HTML shortcuts (e.g. I(italic) for italic) from the Ansible documentation and renders the HTML text correctly when shortcuts are used in the argument spec description.
Type-Check of Values
- Change: Binary content in Ansible vault files are detected and no longer displayed in the editor.
- Bugfix: Error in find usages with unresolved references (IllegalStateException: element.node must not be null).